Cuisine for Kids Crew
Pupils in Years 4,5,6 who would like to be part of the CFK crew complete an application form and if selected parental consent must be given. The Crew can be on duty as many lunchtimes as they want to but we ask that they help at least once a week. They have various responsibilities in the lunch hall and receive training for each of the following aspects of their duty;
- Serving cold desserts and snacks.
- Helping to make pupils feel welcome in the hall.
- Helping to clear and wipe tables.
- Helping and showing children how to clear plates and empty cups in the correct manner.
- Helping younger children with cutting up food etc.
- CFK crew attend termly meetings to review.
During the Autumn term CFK have the opportunity to take part in a cooking competition where they can cook something at home and it is tasted in school. The winning treat is then either sold in the community café or appears on the school lunch menu. The crew are provided with an CFK apron and gloves. The role develops confidence, responsibility, reliability, teamwork and leadership skills. If your child is interested in becoming a member of our CFK team, ask them to visit the learning mentors in RAMP for an application form.