Pupil Wellbeing Team
Supporting children’s emotional and social wellbeing
Ms M Locke - Wellbeing lead and deputy designated safeguarding lead
Assisted by Mrs T Muldowney - ELSA
Dedicated to caring for children’s wellbeing, our team are trained by educational psychologists, enabling them to offer pupils support during emotionally challenging times.
The Wellbeing Team work closely with parents and teachers, supporting children in a range of areas, some of which are shown below:
- Recognising, understanding and discussing feelings.
- Coping with anxiety and fear.
- Dealing with changes in families and homes such as divorce/separation, a new baby, new partners/step brothers/sisters, moving home etc.
- Transition – to new schools and year groups.
- Coping with serious illness and bereavement.
There is a meet and greet /breakfast provision should children find coming into school difficult at any time so please contact us to arrange further support with this. You will find a member of the team on the playground before school so do come and see us.
We work with children to develop their social skills and build confidence. At break and lunch The Wellbeing Team are here to support children with establishing positive relationships and enjoy their recreational times.