Pupils in Years 4,5,6 who would like to be part of the Catering Crew complete an application form and if selected parental consent must be given. They have various responsibilities in the lunch hall and receive training for each of the following aspects of their duty;
- Serving cold desserts and snacks.
- Helping to make pupils feel welcome in the hall.
- Helping to clear and wipe tables.
- Helping and showing children how to clear plates and empty cups in the correct manner.
- Helping younger children with cutting up food etc.
- Catering Crew attend termly meetings to review.
The crew are provided with an CFK apron and gloves. The role develops confidence, responsibility, reliability, teamwork and leadership skills. If your child is interested in becoming a member of our Catering Crew team, ask them to visit the learning mentors in RAMP for an application form.